The holidays can be a tough, tough time for anyone who follows the Keto diet. There’s so much good food going around -sometimes people seem to shove it right in your face- that it becomes a real challenge not to break your diet.
So, it becomes vital for you to have some Christmas-y recipes that you can rely on anytime during the holidays. But we don’t just want a recipe that’ll leave you utterly satisfied (but craving more at the same time); We want you to show-off to everyone you know who might think you are “missing out” on Christmas food.
Let’s start with a simple, sweet recipe which can be tweaked a little to suit you best.
Fat Bomb #1
These are ideal for lazy cooks- They require the perfect amount of baking (none) and can be made in a hurry with little or no preparation. Just beware: Don’t make these by yourself or you’ll eat them all by yourself!
½ cup of smooth peanut butter
½ cup of chocolate chips (make sure they’re keto friendly)
8 ounces of soft cream cheese
A dash of salt
¼ cup coconut oil
How to make them
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients -except for the chocolate chips- and mix them thoroughly until you can’t tell where one ingredient starts and the other one ends.
- Cover the bowl and put it inside the fridge (to harden the mixture) for about 10 to 20 minutes.
- Once it has hardened, take the bowl out and use a small cookie scoop to create bite-sized fat bombs.
- Once done, pop them in the freezer just to make sure they’re hard enough. It shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
- While your fat bombs are getting ready, it’s time to make some chocolate drizzle. Use a small pan - heat up about 2 - 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and then pour the chocolate chips on top of it. Cook at a low temperature until they’ve all melted.
- Take the bombs out and drizzle with chocolate to your heart’s content. Store in the fridge.
And while this recipe might be called perfect, here’s a different version:
- Picking up from step 4 -fat bombs are readying up in the freezer-, let’s add a couple more ingredients to our drizzle - grated coconut and crushed peanuts.
- In a small bowl, place your new ingredients and mix.
- Once the drizzle is done, we’re gonna use our hand to dip the lower half of our fat bombs in the drizzle.
- Quickly, while the chocolate still hasn’t hardened, press gently against the coconut-peanut mix. Move around a little so you get a little bit of everything.
- Repeat this step until done. Store in the fridge to keep it from falling apart.
Neapolitan style chicken breast
Now, this is how you win over just about anyone. This is a true main dish, with enough power by itself to make anyone feel full and satisfied without carbs. And, bonus point, it’s pretty simple to cook. Let’s get down to it.
4 Chicken breasts
Mozzarella cheese and ham - about 2 slices of each per chicken breast.
2 cups Neapolitan marinara sauce
4 tablespoons Butter
2 cloves garlic
How to cook
- Chop garlic as finely as you can and mix with the butter.
- Heat up your skillet or saucepan and add one tablespoon of garlicky butter. Once it’s heated up a little, add one chicken breast.
- Cook until desired on one side and flip. While the other side cooks, add cheese and ham on top of it. If it has any trouble melting, cover it with a lid for a few seconds at a time.
- Once it’s melted and ready, take out and repeat steps 1, 2 and 3.
- While this is all happening, have your sauce ready and very hot. Once everything’s done, pour your neapolitan sauce on top of each chicken breast.
It’s best to accompany this dish with absolutely nothing, because it fills you up like you won’t believe. Although, do save your Keto fat bombs for dessert. No matter how full you are, there’s always some room for some fat bombs.