Looking for bite-sized deliciousness? Look no more, because we bring you these bacon-and-egg cups that are so easy to make and so tasty that you’ll be left wondering what happened to all of those bacon and egg cups you just cooked. (spoiler: You ate them all!)
The combination of bacon and eggs is legendary and, for that same reason, not all the innovative. But this recipe still manages to be new and exciting by combining these two foods into a cup form. It’s basically a delicious protein muffin.
For this recipe you’ll need a muffin tin, preferably one that fits 4 muffins.
Bacon and Egg Cups
- 4 bacon slices
- 4 eggs
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Finely chopped garlic, 2 cloves
- Black pepper
- Pink salt
How to make:
- First of all, chop your two garlic cloves very finely.
- Stir fry in a saucepan; Can be done with olive oil or butter, depending on your preference.
- When golden brown, turn heat off and set aside.
- Place each bacon slice all around the walls of each muffin slot, leaving empty spaces only at the bottom and at the top.
- Insert in the oven and bake at medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven.
- Crack an egg and delicately pour in one of the muffin slots. Take extra care not to break the yolk. Repeat step for other muffin slots.
- Before going into the oven again, season with salt, black pepper, and the previously fried garlic.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of each cup.
- Insert in the oven and cook for an additional ten minutes.
Once done, you can wait a while for them to cool down enough for you to eat them straight from the muffin tin or you can scoop them out using a fork and a spatula. Place them on a plate and eat to your heart’s content.
For foods such as these, it’s always good to have a plan B. As delicious as they are, chances are you’ll be quite hungry after finishing all four cups. So, we recommend you try our delicious caprese pizza. And, if you’re in the mood for something exotic, check out our Tikka Masala recipe - it won’t disappoint.