If you’ve ever wondered what we’re up to on a thursday night just like this one, we’re probably making chicken. The origins of this tradition are long lost, but we are completely determined to keep eating chicken on thursdays as long as we live. For tonight, we’ve chosen this recipe: Juicy chicken legs wrapped in bacon. What’s not to like?
Although many recipes like this one rely on a bed of various vegetables for the chicken, we thought we’d change it up a bit and go for a bed of cauliflower rice with cheese.
Let’s make some chicken!
Bacon wrapped chicken leg
- 6 chicken legs
- 6 bacon slices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Fresh parsley
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 Cauliflower head
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
How to make:
- Add onion into a greased saucepan and cook in low heat. Cover.
- Meanwhile, steam the cauliflower head for five minutes and then run it through a blender or a processor to chop it into small pieces. Add 1 garlic clove to the blender along with mozzarella cheese.
- Sautée cauliflower rice for a few minutes until cheese starts melting.
- Pour cauliflower rice into a glass dish.
- Chop parsley and garlic into very fine pieces and put in a bowl.
- To that same bowl, add a few drops of olive oil, black pepper, and salt. Mix together with your hands.
- Rub each chicken leg with the seasoning you just prepared and place them on a baking tray.
- In a small bowl, pour the rest of the melted butter and mix in with the last garlic clove. Add a dash of salt.
- Wrap chicken legs with the bacon slices and then brush with the melted butter.
- Bake chicken legs for about 30 minutes.
- When done, transfer into a glass dish.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and add a dot of mustard on top of each leg.