Looking for a recipe that is quick and easy and can include the kiddos? This BBQ Bacon Wrapped Smokie recipe will get the kids in the kitchen and take no time at all. Plus, these are perfect for parties, such as the SuperBowl in February or any of the College Playoffs coming up. Best part? Keto friendly!
· 24 Lit'l Smokies
· 6 slices bacon
· 3 tablespoons BBQ Sauce- G.Hughes is good!
· Salt and pepper to taste
· The Execution
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Start by slices of bacon into quarter-pieces, so you have 24 quarter-slices of bacon. Place a little smokie on top of the slice of bacon.
2. Roll the little smokies up in the bacon so that there is a small amount of overlap and stick a toothpick into them.
3. Set on a cookie sheet covered with foil and bake for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, baste little smokies with BBQ sauce and bake for another 10-12 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly, then serve.