Get ready to make a keto-friendly version of a classic dish: the beef stroganoff. This is probably on many people’s top 10, and is a very popular food in almost every western country, but it does have a few ingredients that you may not expect - so here’s a recipe for you to get this dish right.
Honestly, there’s nothing to not like in this; worcestershire sauce (good luck pronouncing it), mushrooms, beef, all in a nice creamy mix of stock and cream… God bless whoever came up with this (Russian, maybe?).
Let’s make some Beef Stroganoff!
- 1 lb beef brisket, sliced
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- ½ tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 3 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to make:
- In a large saucepan or skillet over medium-high heat, sauté onion and garlic with 1 tbsp of butter until fragrant. Add the beef and season with salt and pepper; cook until browned.
- Toss in the mushrooms and add the remaining butter.
- Once the mushrooms are golden, pour in the beef stock, sour cream, worcestershire sauce and bring to a simmer, always stirring.
- Serve with cauliflower rice or zoodles!
Enjoy with a nice cold drink. This is one of the few meals that isn’t all that Instagram friendly because the color is a little… off-putting, for lack of a better word. Even then, you should share your results for other keto friends to see!