We bring you a recipe that will make you happy during the cold winter - and keep you energized for just about the whole day. We’re making a very nourishing, classic chili with a lot of cheese, the kind of meal that will satisfy everyone and anyone. Keep reading to learn our recipe!
This is one of our more family-friendly recipes. While we usually focus on recipes for one or two people, this recipe can easily accommodate up to 6 people by simply adding more ingredients.
Let’s make some chili!
Beef Chili with Cheddar Cheese
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 red bell peppers, 1 green one
- 20 oz. Tomato sauce
- 1 eggplant
- 1 onion
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Sour cream
- Brown sugar
- Shredded and Grated Cheddar cheese
- Green jalapeños, 1 or 2
- ⅓ cup chopped scallions
How to make:
- Dice bell peppers, then wash and remove all seeds. Chop onion as finely as possible.
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil to a pot, and cook bell peppers and onion until they soften. This should take from 7 to 15 minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook. Stir frequently. Get rid of excess fat.
- At this point, add tomatoes and tomato sauce. Stir a little, then add chili powder, grated cheese, sour cream, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add a dash of brown sugar.
- Cover and let simmer for no more than an hour.
- Check consistency; if you find it too watery, you can add one tablespoon of arrowroot - this is done by mixing arrowroot with water in a small glass and mixing. Then add it to the pot and stir vigorously for one minute without pausing.
- Once done, chop green jalapeños and scallions.
- Add on top of each bowl, individually, along with shredded cheese.
Your soul has now been nurtured. This type of food is a classic and everyone in the house will love it. We warn you: make more than you think you need, because everyone’s gonna want seconds!