Avocado is one of the most nutritious keto-friendly fruits out there - or vegetable, whichever way you like it.
Though there's only so much avocado toast one can eat before going mad. Here's a couple innovative recipes with avocado for you to spice things up a little.
Egg Stuffed Avocado
- 2 large avocados
- 2 slices of bacon
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF.
- Place bacon onto a skillet. Cook over medium-low heat until golden and crispy.
- When the slices are cool enough, chop them up and save for later.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. You can either use an avocado pitter or remove the pit by carefully whacking a knife into the seed and giving a gentle twist; it should pop right out.
- Scoop out some of the flesh, so the egg can fit in.
- Place the avocados, cut side up, on a baking sheet.
- Crack an egg into the center of each avocado, trying not to break the yolk, and proceed to sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on how you’d like your eggs.
- Add chives, bacon and serve.
Tuna Stuffed Avocado
- 4 avocados
- 2 cans of tuna
- 1 tsp of lime or lemon juice
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp red onion diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make:
- Drain tuna and add to a bowl. Break apart using a fork.
- Add mayonnaise, chopped parsley and diced red onion to the bowl.
- Mix until well combined.
- Slice the avocados and remove the pits.
- Brush them with lime juice to keep the avocado from browning.
- Stuff with the tuna mixture and they are ready to eat!