Nothing better than a dish that fits in just one container. In fact, you don't even need to serve this bad boy individually: it makes a great centerpiece for the dinner table where everyone can hack away at the casserole until either there isn't anything left or everyone's too full. Keep reading to find out how to make the best broccoli casserole!
Not everyone's a fan of broccoli, we get it. But you know what everyone is a fan of? Cheese. Lots of it.
If you grew up in the 90s, there's a chance you remember an episode where earth was invaded by Broccoli aliens. The adults were out of the picture, and the kids needed to take care of it. But how? Broccoli is yucky!
Well, they just started pouring cheese on the aliens. And then, they ate them. Looking back, it's all rather grotesque, but it inspired this great recipe.
Let's make Broccoli Casserole!
- 2 pounds broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 oz. diced bacon
- 2 eggs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- coarse salt
- black pepper
How to make:
- Chop broccoli florets, leaving as much stem off as you can.
- In a pan, brown garlic.
- Transfer garlic to a wok or similar.
- Add broccoli, olive oil, and sautée.
- After about 4 minutes, add black pepper and salt. Keep tossing for one minute.
- Preheat the oven.
- Transfer broccoli to a glass dish.
- Add eggs, bacon, and shredded cheeses. Mix, but not too vigorously!
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes. Take out of the oven briefly to sprinkle parmesan, bake again for about 5 minutes.
- Take out when it starts turning slightly golden on top.
And just like that, you have a practical, delicious, healthy dish. You can, indeed, have it all. Drizzle with some olive oil on top for extra deliciousness.