Time for brunch!
Our recipe today brings together our two favorite main ingredients - one for breakfast, one for lunch. It’s a beautiful mashup of some of our favorite things, bringing out the best in each other. Plus, of course, we can make a lot of it in one go and be done with the whole thing because, let’s be honest, cooking brunch can be hard if you’re hungry. Best to go with something quick and easy!
If you’re a fan of brunch, you’re definitely gonna love this one, although you can totally make it for breakfast. Just make sure you prep the night before!
Let’s make some brunch!
- 8 eggs
- 2 onions
- 400 grams mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red bell pepper
- 300 grams mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup Grated parmesan
- ½ head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley
How to make:
- Dice bell pepper and chop onions. Cook using olive oil until the soften, about ~15 minutes
- Chop cauliflower using a food processor.
- Melt butter in a separate saucepan, and cook cauliflower until very soft.
- Cook mushrooms along with chopped garlic until they have released most of the water. Should take about 5 minutes if you speed up the process by sprinkling some salt on top of the mushrooms as you cook them.
- Mix all these together in a bowl once they are done cooking.
- Preheat the oven.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add eggs and mozzarella. Preferably in chunks, but can be shredded.
- Mix well with a spatula or even a fork.
- Once the mixture looks even, pour into a glass dish.
- Place fresh parsley on top, then sprinkle grated cheddar. Finally, add a little bit more of salt and pepper and into the oven it goes!
- Cook until the cheddar on top starts looking brown.
The perfect brunch dish, maybe? If not, at least it’s pretty up on the list. We hope you like it as much as we did.