That's right! Just when you thought we loved cauliflower a little too much, that's exactly when we surprise you with yet another recipe that uses cauliflower in a way you'd never thought of before. I mean, who liked cauliflower as a kid? Or even until recently? Turns out, cauliflower can be turned into deliciousness with just the right ingredients.
For this recipe, we turn it into a kind of lasagna, only keto-friendly and debatably even more delicious than the original lasagna (don't tell any italian I said that, or I may get suicided).
So let's make Califlower Lasagna!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 can tomatoes, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Grate cauliflower in the food processor. Cook in the microwave for a couple of minutes, then remove excess water using a cloth. Transfer to a bowl a season with salt and pepper. Add eggs and mix.
- Spread the cauliflower in a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Smooth to make a sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the oven, cut into lasagna sheets and let cool.
- In a saucepan with olive oil, sauté onion until translucent, then add in ground beef, breaking apart with a spatula. Cook until browned.
- Add marinara sauce and the crushed tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a greased casserole dish, place the lasagna sheets, top with a layer of mozzarella cheese, followed by a meat sauce layer. Keep doing this until you run out of layers; the last layer being parmesan cheese, so it grates nicely. Cover and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the cover and bake again until the cheese bubbles.
- Cut and serve!
And just like that, you can dig into cauliflower. No regrets. Super healthy.