Yes, cauliflower - again! This time, however, the recipe we bring you is gonna transform the way you see cauliflower in the kitchen completely. This super creamy mac n cheese recipe will surprise you with an explosion of flavor.
Since our first cauliflower recipe, we’ve been searching for a way to replicate carb-based dishes, and we have, like in our cauliflower pizza crust recipe, but this one might be the best one yet. Cauliflower mac n cheese is easy to make and the result is very satisfying.
Let’s make some mac n cheese!
Cauliflower Mac N Cheese
- 1 Head cauliflower, large
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup cashew milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 50 grams butter
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot starch
- 1 teaspoon sweet mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make:
- In a large pot, melt the butter.
- Add heavy cream, and the rest of the seasoning: salt, pepper, and mustard.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite sizes, leaving as little stem as possible.
- Add to the pot, stir, put the lid on and let simmer for ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, ready one bowl with mozzarella and cheddar, and another bowl with milk.
- Using a coffee cup, pour about two fingers of water and add arrowroot. Stir continuously and add to the pot; keep stirring until you can visibly tell the change in consistency.
- Add cheese and milk.
- Keep stirring until cheese has melted and it all has a thick consistency.
- If not thick enough, keep cooking or repeat step 6 again. If too thick, pour more milk.
It seems almost too easy for a dish that tastes this good, doesn’t it? Cauliflower and cheese were created to be together. It’s obvious as soon as you try this recipe.