Pizza is probably the most universally liked food, and for good reason. But did you know that pizza doesn’t need to be a carb fest? Using cauliflower, we can make a pizza crust that is super tasty and even easier to make than regular pizza dough. Keep reading to find out how!
If you’re not a particular fan of cauliflower, don’t worry: This isn’t anything like having plain steamed cauliflower or any of the traditional -boring- ways of cooking cauliflower. With the help of seasoning, we’ll make a cauliflower crust to die for.
Let’s make some pizza!
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 3 cups grated, raw cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped and sautéed
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- Dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil
- Tomato purée
How to make:
- First, take garlic cloves and chop as finely as possible.
- Cook on a frying pan with olive oil until they turn golden brown, then set aside.
- Grate cauliflower, then steam for 5 minutes.
- Once cauliflower cools down a bit, dry it off as much as possible with a paper towel.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cauliflower, parmesan and mozzarella, garlic, and parsley.
- Mix as you season. Let rest for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven and grease a baking tray with neutral tasting oil or olive oil.
- Spread dough on baking tray and press down gently with your fists, making it into a round form.
- Add tomato purée, and insert into the oven.
- Take out after 5 minutes, and add more cheese, basil, and any other toppins you might like.
You’re ready to succumb to the cauliflower fever. We’ve all had it before, it’s your turn now.