We love Mexican food, but it goes without saying that some of it is off-limits, since a lot of Mexican dishes rely on flour-based foods. In this case, it’s tacos, but we have found a creative way to make taco shells that are grain-free and -more importantly- completely delicious. Keep reading to find out!
The beauty of tacos is that they fit all types. No matter what kind of food you like, a taco is the perfect vessel for it; vegetarian tacos, beef tacos, fish tacos… And the list goes on. That’s one of the reasons we like them so much.
Let’s make some tacos!
Cheese taco shells
- 250 grams parmesan cheese
- Cayenne pepper
How to make:
- In a bowl, mix parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper to taste (optional; can be skipped) and add salt to taste.
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat. Lightly coat with oil.
- Cook cheese on the frying pan~ about 3 minutes on each side.
- While it cooks and melts, prepare a rolling pin and place parchment paper over it.
- As soon as the cheese is done, remove the frying pan from the heat source for a few seconds, then transfer the cheese to a rolling pin with parchment paper over it.
- Let the cheese cool until it hardens. Store in the fridge if needed.