We all need a healthy dose of Indian food every once in a while. Whether you love Indian food in general or are a hopeless spicy food addict, this curry recipe will satisfy your most urgent cravings, all while being healthy!
Keto Chicken Curry
- 2 pounds chicken thighs
- ½ large onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 green chili
- 1 inch ginger or 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp ghee, butter or olive oil
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp salt
How to make:
- Cut the chicken thighs into dices. Set aside.
- Add the onion, garlic, green chili, ginger and cilantro to your food processor. You can add oil or water to help the ingredients move around if stuck.
- Once the ingredients are chopped, take the mixture out and put into a sauce pan, preferably large, on low heat. Add the ghee and sauté for 10 minutes. Now add the spices and keep sautéing for another 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, combine well, and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the diced chicken, increase heat to medium, and let it absorb the spices 10 more minutes. Then add the heavy cream and the salt.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and the chicken cooked.
You can store in the freezer, but make sure you use glass containers since they won’t stain.
But now that we have this delicious curry, what in the world are we gonna eat it with? Rice? No way.
Thankfully, cauliflower exists, and you can make rice out of it!
Low-Carb Cauliflower Rice
- 1 cauliflower head
- 2 tbsp olive oil or butter
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
How to make:
- First, you’ll want to clean your cauliflower.
- When you’ve got rid of the brown spots, if any, cut the florets. For this recipe, we’ll need more florets than stems.
- Add the cauliflower to the food processor.
- Since we’re making “rice”, and not purée, we’ll be using the grater attachment on our food processor.
- Pulse the cauliflower until you reach a desired “rice” consistency.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Heat the olive oil.
- Add the “rice” and cook for about 5 minutes. We don’t want it to be soft, so stir occasionally. Do not overcook it!
- Add salt and pepper, and garnish with cilantro when served.