Looking to start your week with an energy-filled, light meal? We got you covered! These wraps provide you with all of the protein and fiber you need to keep yourself feeling recharged and light as a feather through those horrible, horrible mondays. Thank god we have delicious keto food to lighten our mondays.
These are quite universal- using the most basic ingredients of all, but in a very creative way, so it's all familiar flavors mixed in a very creative way. The result is a dish that is loved by basically everyone, but still keeping that exotic keto feel.
Let’s make some wraps!
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Rotisserie chicken breast, shredded
- Large iceberg lettuce leaves
- Green onions, chopped
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Carrots, shredded
Optional for serving: Sriracha, peanut sauce, mayonnaise, avocado,lime wedges, bean sprouts, cheese, cucumber.
How to make:
- Fill a large bowl with cold water. Cut the steam off the lettuce, discard any browned leaves and place in the bowl. Pull apart the leaves, gently.
- Dry the leaves on a paper towel.
- Add fillings. Spread the sauce of your preference (if using), then place the shredded chicken, carrots, onions, tomatoes and any additional topping you want.
- Roll the lettuce like you would a sushi roll. You may want to use parchment paper or a kitchen towel or cloth to help you roll.
- Cut in half and serve!
Super easy and super delicious. Really, the perfect recipe for lazy days… and pesky Mondays. Sorry to keep going on about Mondays, but… I’m sure you understand.