Get ready. You’re gonna learn one of our -admittedly- best recipes today. This one was born out of a yearning for those breaded, fried dishes. Oh, the horribly unhealthy fried seafood and chicken… Well, this recipe is a healthier and more keto friendly version of all that. Keep reading to learn how to make it!
Weirdly, the taste of coconut goes great with seafood, particularly shrimp (and calamari), but not with other meats. Definitely don’t try this with chicken!
Let’s make some fried shrimp!
Coconut Fried Shrimp
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Paprika, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to make:
- Place beaten eggs, shredded coconut and coconut flour (mixed with garlic powder, paprika and salt and pepper) in three separated bowls big enough to dip the shrimps.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with enough oil to cover the bottom.
- Drench shrimp, one by one, first into the coconut flour, then the eggs and finally the shredded coconut. You want them to be fully coated.
- Once the oil is hot enough, fry the shrimps in batches. Cook until brown; 2-3 minutes per side.
- To remove excess oil, place the coconut fried shrimps in a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or use it as a side dish!
And just like that, you have the perfect side dish. Whip out some sauce like mustard, or a german style mayonnaise which always goes great with seafood, and dig into it!