It’s no mystery to anyone that we are broccoli lovers. Whenever we have a chance to add broccoli to any sort of recipe, we do it. But this time, we wanted to craft a recipe that would have broccoli as the main ingredient while still being a complete, well-rounded meal. This is what we came up with.
This creamy soup is great for the winter, and is totally enhanced with something crunchy. We threw in some roasted sunflower seeds which go great with this recipe’s flavor, but you can definitely substitute sunflower seeds for any other crunchy food that you like!
Let’s make some soup!
Creamy broccoli soup
- 1 head Broccoli
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp butter, salted
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 cups vegetable stock (no added salt)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Onion
- Olive oil
- Sunflower seeds
How to make:
- Chop onion and garlic in very small pieces.
- Sautée in a saucepan with butter. Wait until the onion is translucent to add the garlic. After adding the garlic, sautée for 5 additional minutes.
- Prepare 3 cups of vegetable stock and add to the saucepan. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam 1 head of broccoli for 15 minutes. Wait for it to cool and crumble into small pieces.
- In a blender, add stock, broccoli, and blend for one minute.
- Add Heavy cream, soy sauce, and 1 tbsp of olive oil as well as salt to taste.
- After serving, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, then ass a few sunflower seeds
There you have it! A great, creamy comfort food that is just about the most healthy dish you can ever have.
This soup can easily be a meal by itself, although we suggest you have a backup plan in case you get hungry soon after having the soup… Which can happen to the best of us. Here’s a stuffed bell pepper recipe, and also give this Grilled Salmon recipes a chance; You’ll be blown away.