For the ultra-carnivores who want more than one kind of meat in their meal, for lovers of stir fry of any kind, and for lovers of asian style dishes that aren’t spicy, this recipe is what you didn’t know you needed in your life.
This mix of ingredients might, at first, seem like it’s not gonna work. But we promise you that after the first bite, you'll be completely in love with this recipe. The secret relies mostly of stir frying the bell pepper for at least ten minutes before you add the rest of the ingredients, so pay attention to that step in particular.
Let’s make some stir fry!
Earth & Sea Stir Fry with Vegetables
- 200 grams Thin beef slices
- 200 grams diced chicken breast
- 100 grams calamari rings
- 100 grams shrimp
- 50 grams soy sprouts
- Green, yellow and bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 200 grams spinach
- Half a cabbage
- Soy sauce
- Oyster sauce
- Sesame seeds, whole and black
How to make:
- Slice bell peppers -one of each, small to medium in size- vertically.
- Grease a wok or saucepan with oil. Add bell peppers and stir for five minutes.
- Turn heat down to low setting and cook for five more minutes.
- Chop onion and carrot.
- Add more oil, turn heat back to medium-high, and add onion and carrot.
- Stir constantly for five minutes, then put a lid on the saucepan.
- Take the lid off, add more oil, then add beef, chicken, calamari and shrimp. Stir.
- Add ½ cup oyster sauce and ¼ cup soy sauce.
- Keep stirring for at least five minutes with the heat on high.
- Add Umami with a shaker to taste. (or just add 2 grams)
- Put the lid back on and turn down the heat.
- On a separate saucepan, grease well and stir fry cabbage for 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage, spinach and sprouts to the main saucepan.
- Keep on low-medium heat until all meat is cooked thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
There you go! This is a type of dish that will catch most people with their guards down; It’s so varied that one doesn’t know what to expect. And no expectations means you’re in better disposition to try new flavors, just like with this recipe.