Side dishes are super important. We might find an awesome recipe for our main dish, spend all the trouble making it and then, when we’re done eating… There’s a huge hole in our stomach. Going through all the trouble of cooking just to feel hungry after sucks, which is why it’s important we master some basic keto side dishes. Today, we’re gonna learn how to make cauliflower rice.
Cauliflower rice is the best: It’s really easy to make, very tasty if you season it right, and it’s low carb and high in vitamins and minerals. It’s a superfood in its own right. More importantly, this rice goes with plenty of different recipes, so it’s a perfect card to have under your sleeve .
Let’s make some cauliflower rice!
Easy cauliflower rice
- 1 cauliflower head
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper
- Fresh parsley, about two tablespoons
- 4-6 large garlic cloves, depending on the size of the cauliflower
- Olive oil
- Liquid smoke (optional)
How to make:
- Cut cauliflower into small pieces and chop finely using a blender or a food processor. Be sure to not overdo it; You want the rice to be somewhat chunky instead of achieving a purée-like consistency.
- Transfer rice to a wok or a large saucepan. Turn the heat on medium.
- Add salt and stir. This step will both cook the cauliflower and get rid of excess water.
- After 5 minutes, turn heat to low and make a space in the middle of the wok.
- Chop garlic into fine pieces, chop parsley as well.
- Pour olive oil into the middle of the wok, then garlic.
- When garlic turns golden, add parsley. Turn heat to medium-high.
- Mix everything together, drizzle more olive oil on the rice, keep stirring.
- At this point, you should start seeing some pieces of cauliflower turn golden brown.
- Turn the heat to low-medium and keep stirring.
- After 5 minutes, turn off the heat.
- Serve; Add black pepper and liquid smoke if desired.
What do you think? Pretty easy, right?
It’s also important to note that while a wok is not necessary, it helps a lot since cauliflower rice is really light and it’s too easy to send it flying out the saucepan or frying pan when you stir. So a wok is your better option if you don’t like cleaning up after.