When you’re on the Keto diet, meat is your bread n’ butter. That’s why it’s important to always have a few meat recipes up your sleeve- it’s vital for someone taking this path to really know how to cook meat in the most flavorful of ways.
This recipe explores one of my favorite ways to season and cook beef steak. It is super easy to make and turns out delicious even if you make a mess getting to the end of the recipe. Are you ready?
Let’s cook some meat!
Garlic n’ Butter Beef Steak
- 2 Steaks, thick
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped very finely
- Salted butter, about 3 to 4 tablespoons
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley (no stems)
How to make:
- Tender the meat by hitting it with either proper tool or your knuckles; Don’t press down, which ruins the texture.
- Salt meat lightly. Set aside.
- In a pan, add salted butter and turn on heat on medium-high.
- Once butter is liquid, add chopped garlic. Cook until golden brown,
- Turn off the stove.
- In a bigger pan, add Beef steak, butter with garlic, and parsley. Toss around with your hands so the meat is fully covered in butter.
- Cook in high heat for about 5 minutes, depending how you like your meat.
- Add thyme, rosemary, and oregano (in that order).
- Grind pepper on top of the steak.
Note: As someone that worked in the meat industry for a brief stint, I highly recommend you do not buy pre-packaged steak. That stuff is the worst, oldest meat they had. Go directly to a butcher and make them cut the meat in front of you. Only then you can be sure you’re getting fresh meat.
Well, there you have it. A steak recipe that makes you salivate it upon seeing it which is coincidentally also super easy to make. You can accompany this recipe with roasted asparagus, which goes great with it. If you’d rather have something a little more filling, we suggest either a nice good plate of cabbage rolls, or egg casserole.