This Easy, Keto Low-Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole recipe is quick and great for steak lovers. It has mushrooms, green peppers, cream cheese and of course sirloin steak. Perfect substitute for the sandwich style we are all accustomed to but can’t eat while on Keto. Extra bonus is that this recipe saves on trying to figure out sides as it has a little bit of everything already inside! All this means one easy to prep single dish that satisfy everyone at the dinner table.
· 1 1/2 pounds Butcher Box sirloin steak sliced into thin strips
· 1 teaspoon Steak Seasoning I like McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning
· salt and pepper to taste
· 1 cup sliced green peppers
· 1 cup mushrooms
· 1 cup onion, chopped
· 2 garlic cloves, chopped
· 2 oz cream cheese
· 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
· 2 eggs
· 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
· 1/2 cup shredded parmesan Reggiano cheese
· 4-5 slices provolone cheese sliced into small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add the Butcher Box steak to a skillet on medium-high heat. Season the steak with steak seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, flipping both sides of the steak.
3. Add the green peppers, onion, garlic, and mushroom to the skillet. Cook until the vegetables are soft, and the meat is no longer pink.
4. If there is any excess fat in the skillet, drain it. This step is important. If there is excess liquid it will cause the casserole to have a soupy residue underneath.
5. Add the Worcestershire sauce and cream cheese. Cook until the cream cheese has melted.
6. Remove the skillet from heat.
7. In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, shredded parmesan Reggiano cheese, and heavy cream.
8. Spray an 8 x 11 or 9x9 baking dish (I used 8 x11) with oil or cooking spray. Pour the steak mixture into the dish.
9. Drizzle the liquid egg and cheese mixture on top. Top with the provolone cheese slices.
10. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese begins to bubble.
11. Cool before serving.