Chicken is just about as versatile as you can get. Today, we’re gonna make a mess in our kitchen with a super tasty greek recipe including a homemade tzatziki sauce that will leave you completely impressed with your own abilities.
The strength of this dish lies in the chicken thighs, which are cooked here along with the skin. And we will supplement the chicken with a bunch of our favorite vegetables in bite-sized pieces, so we can dip right into the tzatziki as much as we want!
For this recipe you can sub the vegetables we have in our ingredients for similar ones that you prefer. At the end of the day, it’s more about dipping something in the tzatziki than the flavor of the specific ingredient itself.
Keto Greek Chicken
- 30 ounces chicken thighs
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- chopped zucchini
- chopped eggplant
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ cup black olives
- ¼ cup chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
How to make:
- In a bowl, get all your chicken together and add two tablespoons of olive oil. Mix thoroughly, and then add herbs and toss with your hands until all pieces of chicken are full of oil and herbs.
- Get a baking tray and grease lightly with olive oil. Add chicken and chopped vegetables. Sprinkle salt on top of vegetables and black pepper on top of the chicken.
- Bake in a medium-high setting for ten minutes.
- For the dip, mix greek yogurt, mint, oregano and black pepper in a bowl. Mix thoroughly with a spoon - although blending first is highly recommended for better texture.
- When done baking, take out the baking tray and crumble feta cheese on top of vegetables and chicken, then insert back into the oven for an additional five minutes.
- Serve (fresh) black olives on the side. Turn off the oven. Serve.
Remember to thank the greek people for such great cuisine!