In this recipe, we tried combining different flavors together to create a dish that's full of flavor in every bite. If you're a lover of ground beef, you'll love this recipe. Keep reading to find out how to make this recipe!
The secret, admittedly, is all in the seasoning. Ground beef is pretty susceptible to absorbing the flavor of whatever you cook it with, and this recipe takes advantage of that to make a delicious, mouth-watering ground beef. That, combined with fresh and healthy vegetables makes this dish one of our favorites!
Let's make some ground beef & veggies!
Ground Beef & Veggies
- Ground beef
- 3 tomatoes
- Half an onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 Zucchini
- Fresh basil
- Dried herbs: Oregano, thyme, and rosemary
- Fresh basil
- Lemon juice
How to make:
- In a saucepan, sautée onion until translucid.
- Add garlic and cook for five minutes. Alternatively, stir fry garlic separately until golden brown for a flavor boost.
- Dice tomatoes and add to the saucepan. Add salt and stir constantly. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add ground beef, salt and black pepper.
- Cook on low heat for about 30 minutes stirring constantly. Add a pinch of sugar.
- Slice sweet potatoes in thin slices and cook until they turn golden brown.
- Chop the rest of the vegetables and serve.
- Once the ground beef in done cooking, add herbs, stir, put a lid on top of the saucepan, and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes (With the stove off).
- Add fresh basil and drizzle with fresh lemon juice.
As you can see, it's quite a simple recipe and the results are great. You'll keep coming back for this– at least for the ground beef! We do suggest you add any other vegetables that you think you'll like in this recipe.