This amazing Eastern European dessert has been covered by some of the world’s best chefs because of its deliciousness, and now it’s the time to turn it Keto! For all you chocolate lovers, this Babka recipe is a must!
Essentially, this recipe consists of two elements: A filling, which is mostly chocolate and the fathead dough. Then we twist the dough when introducing into the mold, and that is how we create the very iconic Babka visual… But don’t worry if you don’t get it right on the first try - it’s actually quite difficult.
Let’s make some Babka!
- ½ cup sugar free chocolate chips
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 5 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups cream cheese
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Sweetener to taste
- ¼ cup xanthan gum or any other thickener
How to make:
- In a bowl, mix chocolate chips, cream cheese and heavy cream. Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add the rest of filling ingredients and mix well. Set aside
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Grease a loaf mold with cooking spray.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl, mix.
- Add eggs and mix again.
- In another bowl, add shredded mozzarella and cream cheese. Microwave for 30 seconds and mix.
- Repeat previous step until melted and evenly mixed.
- Add dry mix into the cheese bowl little by little, folding with a spatula.
- Divide dough into 2 balls.
- Place one of the dough balls between parchment paper and roll with a pin until about ¼ inch thick.
- Spread half of the chocolate filling on top of the dough and roll into a log. Pinch the ends together.
- Repeat with the leftover dough and filling.
- Interlace the two logs together and place into baking mold.
- Cook for about 50 minutes.
And it’s done! You can now enjoy your delicious Babka. Be sure you let it cool down a little before serving.