Oh, how we miss bananas. Not really, though; they are messy, full of carbs and sugar. Literally the worst of fruits... But the taste, that's what's good about it. Thankfully, we live in a time in which we can enjoy the taste of banana without any of the actual banana.
That's the idea with this pudding: to make a tasty dessert that gives us the best of the banana -the taste- combined with some more sweet goodness to wipe all of your sorrows away.
Let's make some pudding!
Keto Banana Pudding
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons banana extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups half n half
- if you want it thick(er), 2 teaspoons xantham gum or a similar thickener
- Sweetener of choice. We used liquid stevia.
How to make:
- In a saucepan, heat up the cream. It should be hot enough that some bubbles start to pop up, but not boiling or too close to it.
- In a small bowl, combine yolks, extracts, cinnamon, and sweetener. Mix until even.
- Now add the cream little by little. Use a spatula to gently fold the mixture every time you pour a little bit in.
- Add thickener, and mix until fully dissolved.
- Cover with a cloth or a plastic wrap.
- Store in the fridge for at least two hours.
The longer you leave it, the tastier and thicker. You can also opt to sprinkle some cocoa powder on top - we suggest a mix of cococa powder and instant coffee. It gives it a bittersweet flavor that is to die for.