Desserts are more important to our daily lives than we think. They are sometimes the only bit of fun in the most boring of our days, and we have all experienced that 180 degree change in our moods once we eat a really good dessert. But great desserts, like this one we are about to teach you how to make, are both really healthy and really uplifting.
Cobbler is a very classic dessert, and one of my personal favorites, but this blueberry recipe really gets the most out of the cobbler formula. The texture is perfect and the flavor, spectacular.
Let’s make some cobbler!
- 3 cups of blueberries
- Lemon juice
- ¼ tablespoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup coarse almond flour
- 1 large egg
- Sweetener to taste
- ½ cup melted butter
How to make:
- Take a glass 8x8 pan and grease with neutral oil.
- Pour all blueberries and even out with your hand.
- Add a tablespoon of lemon juice, xanthan gum and sweetener. Mix softly with a spoon or spatula.
- In a separate bowl, pour flour and egg.
- Mix for about 3 minutes.
- Stir into the blueberries, leaving most of it on top.
- Melt butter and drizzle.
- Bake until the top looks golden brown. Should be around 20-25 minutes.
After it turns golden brown, let cool for a while before serving. Some people find this dessert tastes better chilled, so you can go ahead and store in the fridge after it has cooled down.
As you can see, this recipe is fairly easy. It goes great as a dessert, but can also be enjoyed as a snack and even as breakfast along with some tea or coffee.