Scones are just the kind of snack you want to be able to make whenever your regular old snacks aren’t doing it for you or when you’re having guests over and you want to impress them. Either way, this recipe combines healthy ingredients with a delicious flavor and will most certainly prove to be one of your better recipes if you take the time to master it.
When it comes to fruit, berries are on the healthier side. They are surprisingly low in carbs and have a lot of vitamins. And blueberries in particular are great when making sweet treats such as these.
Let’s make some scones!
Keto Blueberry Scones
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup swerve
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make:
- Preheat oven.
- In a big bowl, mix the dry ingredients; Almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, sweetener, and salt.
- Melt the coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, whipping cream and vanilla. Beat for a couple minutes until it’s evenly mixed.
- Add wet mix to the dry mix little by little.
- Add coconut oil.
- While kneading gently, start adding the blueberries little by little. Be careful not to break them!
- Spread the dough on a baking tray (grease beforehand if needed) and make a rectangle.
- Slice the rectangle diagonally to form two triangles.
- Keep slicing triangles in half until small enough.
- Spread out evenly, and cook until surface turns golden brown.
And we’re done! Now you can enjoy delicious scones in the evening along with some tea or coffee. Even better, you can wake up the morning after and have some sweet scones for breakfast.