Quiches are the type of dish you wonder why you don’t make more often. It’s kind of the perfect dish: Has practically no carbs and is easy to make despite your nonexistent cooking skills. The base of this dish is eggs and cheese, which is always present in the keto kitchen.
The only thing you might have to go out to buy is the broccoli which, while not vital to the recipe, gives it an extra punch that will prove to be this dish’s best quality. Plus, broccoli is full of vitamins and nutrients that we don’t necessarily find in most of the other ingredients in this recipe.
Let’s make some Quiche!
Keto Broccoli Quiche
- 400g broccoli (no stems)
- 150g bacon, cooked and chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 8 oz. grated cheese, cheddar or swiss
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ tablespoon salt
- A dash of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
How to make:
- Steam broccoli for ten minutes. Let dry for 20-30 minutes or pat down with a kitchen napkin until dry.
- Grease a glass dish and preheat the oven.
- In a big bowl, mix all the ingredients. Start with the eggs followed by the heavy cream, cheese, seasonings, and finish with bacon and broccoli.
- Mix thoroughly using a hand mixer.
- Pour into a glass dish and even the surface with a spatula.
- Cook for 45 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
This Quiche is great as a main dish, and goes very well with most keto foods. It is also the perfect food to cook the night before if you're the kind of person who brings their own lunch to work. Cold Quiche tastes better, some might argue, than right out of the oven.