Sushi is just about the most popular japanese food around the world. Mostly, because it’s super convenient; you roll a bunch of ingredients using rice, and you can make about 10 rolls out of it. To the cook, it’s just making one single thing, while to us it feels like 10 different bites. It's, accidentally, the best food court dish.
But today we’re forgetting about eating out and learning how to make delicious, keto-friendly sushi at home. You’ll see that it’s actually pretty easy— and insanely tasty!
Let’s make some sushi!
Keto Cauliflower Sushi
- Cauliflower head
- Cream cheese
- Nori sheets
Other ingredients you can use: carrots, egg omelet, tobiko (salmon eggs), sesame seeds, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, spinach, tuna.
How to make:
- Cut cauliflower into small pieces and chop finely using a blender or a food processor. Be sure to not overdo it.
- Transfer the cauliflower rice to a wok or a large saucepan over medium heat. Remove from the pan once it has dried out.
- Add rice to a large bowl along with cream cheese, mix well.
- Cut the salmon and vegetables.
- Place a nori sheet on a bamboo roller and spread a layer of cauliflower rice. Add the filling on the edge closest to you and roll -slowly- tightly.
- Cut into pieces, starting at the middle, so the rice doesn’t get pushed out.
- Serve with soy sauce or coconut aminos!
There you go! Done super fast, and ready to eat.