Another casserole recipe for those that prefer chicken over beef. Either way, you'll win because both are excellent and I've never heard complaints from the kids or spouse on these. Plus this one gives the option of going with broccoli or spinach. I personally like spinach over broccoli, but that's for you to decide. Some have told me they mixed both in for an even heartier meal.
· MAIN INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN BACON RANCH CASSEROLE
· 2 lb Chicken breast (cooked, cubed or shredded)
· 8 slices Bacon (cooked, chopped)
· 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
· 3/4 cup Ranch dressing
· 1 cup Mozzarella cheese (shredded, divided)
· 1 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded, divided)
VERSION 1 WITH SPINACH-(my favorite)
· 1 lb Frozen spinach (thawed, squeezed to drain well)
VERSION 2 WITH BROCCOLI
· 4 cup Broccoli (cut into florets)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (191 degrees C).
2. If using frozen spinach, thaw and squeeze to drain first. If using broccoli, place it into a pot of water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 1-2 minutes until bright green.
3. Combine the chicken, bacon, drained spinach or broccoli, garlic, ranch dressing, and half of the shredded cheeses in a large bowl. Stir until well incorporated. Transfer to a 9x13 in (23x33 cm) glass or stoneware casserole dish. (Alternatively, you can mix everything directly in the casserole dish.)
4. Top with remaining shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes, until hot and bubbly.