One of those little things that make you realize you’ve grown up is… Learning how to make pot pie. This recipe will guide you step-by-step on how to make the most delicious keto pot pie.
Get your apron on and make a lot of space because making pot pie ain’t easy and it ain’t precisely over quick. No, it’s arduous and it seems like it’s never gonna be over. But boy, is it rewarding. The intoxicating flavor of the pot pie- and you made it by yourself! There’s hardly any better feeling.
So let’s make pot pie!
Keto Chicken Pot Pie
For the crust:
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 2 ½ cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- ½ onion, diced
- Celery, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup frozen peas (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Grease a skillet.
- Melt mozzarella and cream cheese in the microwave. The mixture must be soft. Add 1 egg, stir, then add the almond flour, Mix until fully combined.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Place one half between parchment paper and roll the dough enough to cover the bottom and sides of the skillet. Roll out the other half wider than the skillet. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
- In a pan over high heat, melt butter and sautée garlic, onion, carrot and celery until soft.
- Add broth and heavy cream, bring to boil while stirring. Add in chicken and let simmer until it thickens.
- Bake the bottom dough until the edges are hard (not brown) then remove from the oven and add in the filling and carefully place the top crust. Crimp the edges and cut an X in the center of the crust.
- Bake until the crust is golden.