It’s time to break out the chili. Maybe you’re preparing to have some friends over to play some video games, maybe you want to impress your significant other’s family; Maybe you just love chili! Keep reading to learn how to make the perfect chili pot.
Chili should always be Keto or Paleo friendly - but it honestly isn’t that way in way too many recipes. This recipe is a keto one that also doubles as a paleo food, so it’s perfect for basically any type of person who is on a diet or just likes to look out for their health.
Let’s make some chili!
- 1 KG ground pork
- 500 grams bacon slices
- 4 tomatoes, about 1 pound
- 2 medium bell peppers, preferably orange or red
- 1 large onion
- Chili seasoning to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ginger root powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can of tomato extract, tomato purée
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
How to make:
- In a skillet, cook the ground pork to drain it and get some of the fat out. Use salt to aid the process; stir constantly for about 5 minutes until it starts browning, then put it in the slow cooker.
- Cook bacon until crispy, then add to the slow cooker.
- Chop onion finely.
- Peel tomatoes and dice.
- Wash and slice bell peppers vertically, get rid of the upper portion with stem and dispose of seeds.
- Add vegetables to the slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker in no particular order and mix.
- Cook on lowest setting for about eight hours.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and serve.
There you go, a true mouth-watering recipe. Even writing feels like fending off temptation. You can enjoy Chili with some of our recipes, like some of our keto breads or you could try our taco recipe.