Bread is one of the foods we miss the most when starting a keto diet, that's why today we bring you this Keto Coconut Bread recipe to help you enjoy a rich, homemade carbohydrate-free bread.
To achieve that light, fluffy texture; you have to use enough chemical yeast or baking powder to create air inside the dough.
As we know in this keto world, bread doughs are generally dense. This happens because people use heavy flours made of almonds or similar products. For this reason, we will use coconut flour in this recipe, as it is lighter and adds volume to our mixture without too much density.
As far as taste is concerned, this bread doesn't taste like coconut flour or eggs at all; instead, it has a pleasant, salty taste very similar to industrial bread using only a little baker's yeast.
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup cooked cauliflower
1/2 cup of water
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon of baking powder or yeast
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 Tablespoons flax or linseed flour
3 Tablespoons of nutritional yeast
1-2 teaspoons baker's yeast
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon of salt
How to prepare Keto Coconut Bread
- We'll put all the dry ingredients in a bowl; Coconut flour, pepper, garlic powder, salt, baking powder, baking soda, nutritional yeast, and linseed flour.
- In a blender, we will put water, olive oil, and the cooked cauliflower Mixing until it becomes a puree.
- Put the eggs in a bowl and beat them lightly. Then add the mixture that we prepared in the blender and mix everything. Finally, add the liquid ingredients with the solids. In the beginning, it is a bit difficult to mix, but in the end, it should be a homogeneous mass.
- You can bake it in many ways; I like to spread it on a silicone sheet and then cut it into squares. If you want to shape it into a hot dog/frankfurt/complete bread, then you have to let it rest before it solidifies or adds more coconut flour.
It's time to bake the Keto Coconut Bread
5. Bake it for about 15 minutes with both burners on (top and bottom) at 180 degrees.
And that's it! You have your Keto Coconut Bread ready for you to enjoy with your family or friends.