Coffee is the world’s most loved beverage. From humble beginnings in Africa and the Middle East, this delicious beverage has virtually colonized the whole world. Today, it is one the world’s biggest industries - and the most valuable traded commodity next to gas. Now that’s impressive.
We keto dieters love coffee, too, of course. But it can sometimes get tricky to enjoy coffee. Either we are forced to use milk which is full of natural sugars which we’d rather not consume, or we struggle finding any good replacement for good ol’ coffee. After all, there’s only so many times one can drink black coffee with sugar without going insane.
So we took it upon ourselves to bring you a coffee that is full of healthy fats, keto-friendly, and tastier than any coffee you’ve ever made before.
Let’s make some coffee!
- 30 ml coconut ml
- 200 ml cashew milk
- 60 ml coffee
- A dash of cinnamon
- Vanilla essence
- 4/6 cloves
- 1 egg
How to make:
- When brewing your coffee, mix cloves in with the coffee grounds. This will result in a coffee infused with cloves.
- Heat up cashew milk and coconut milk separately.
- Once the coconut milk starts to rise, turn off the stove on both milks.
- Using a frother or a mixer, foam up the coconut milk as much as possible.
- Pour cashew milk gently. It must be as hot as possible.
- Sweeten to taste, and add vanilla essence as needed.
- Crack egg and dispose of the egg whites; pour yolk at the center of your cup.
- Using a spoon, scoop coconut milk foam and place on top of your coffee.
- Add a dash of cinnamon and a dash of cocoa on top of the foam.
With this, you have a coffee that almost feels like a dessert, will wake you up and is super healthy. Plus, cashew and coconut milk are very healthy for you and contain a lot of much-needed nutrients, minus the carbs and sugars present in cow’s milk.