This is my favorite keto recipe because there is nothing more delicious than a doughnut without oil; yes, without oil, you are reading right, although if you still want that fried taste, at the bottom, I will leave you a technique to fry them in coconut oil.
Note: This recipe is very easy to prepare and only contains 2g of liquid carbohydrates.
Keto doughnut recipe
Half a cup of cream (or canned cream) (120g)
Five tablespoons of soft unsalted butter
Two large eggs at room temperature
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1/2 cup of erythritol
1 and 1/2 cups of very fine almond flour
2 tablespoons of psyllium
2 teaspoons of chemical baking powder
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves
These three spices together are the perfect replacement for Allspice
Ingredients of the "sugary" cover
2 tablespoons of melted butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup erythritol
Preparation for the Keto doughnut
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Grease the muffin trays well with butter or coconut oil.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk the softened butter, erythritol, and vanilla essence in the blender.
- Add the cream and eggs. Beat again.
- In a separate pot, mix the dry ingredients: almond flour, psyllium, yeast, seasoning.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients, while keeping the mixer whipping everything.
- Form small balls with a spoon or an ice cream scoop and drop them one by one into the tray.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Let cool on a grill or somewhere high, so they dry out completely.
- Covering time: place each doughnut in the butter, turn it over and dip it in the cinnamon and erythritol mixture.
And that's it, serve hot or cold!
Note: If you want that fried taste, fry them in coconut fat instead of taking them to the oven. Remember, you will need to take a large amount of fat to the pan because the dough must be floating in the fat.