Omelettes are yesterday’s news. Meet egg muffins: A new, better way to make eggs. This recipe combines all the deliciousness of classic omelettes and scrambled eggs and organizes them, focusing all the flavor in one or two bites with the help of a muffin pan. Keep reading to find out more about it!
Particularly a great recipe for all those of us who are rather messy in the kitchen and end up having too much to clean up after making a simple omelette. This recipe is just as easy as making scrambled eggs or an omelette, takes less time, and is less messy.
Let’s make some egg muffins!
- 6 eggs
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- ½ an onion
- 1 bell pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Spinach or similar greens
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Chop bell pepper and onion.
- Sautée with olive oil for a couple minutes each.
- Chop onion finely.
- Add to a bowl, then add eggs one by one.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mix.
- Add shredded mozzarella cheese for very cheesy muffins. You can also add chunks of cheese individually to make cheese-filled egg muffins!
- Add greens and tomatoes -sliced in half-, mix well.
- Grease muffin pan with plenty of oil, olive or otherwise.
- Pour slowly into the muffin pan.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes.
There you have them! Delicious, melt-in-your-mouth egg muffins. We highly recommend this recipe for breakfast or for when you have people over.