This is a recipe I came up with when I became absolutely sick of cooking my meals in the morning to take to the office; I would wake up every day about two hours before I needed to go out just to have enough time to cook.
Fortunately, I had the ingredients for this keto egg sandwich at hand. The result? A delicious lunch that took 10 minutes tops to make.
So let's take a look first at the ingredients we're gonna need:
- Almond flour
- Chia seeds (or flax seeds)
- 2-3 eggs
- Mozzarella cheese and one other charcuterie of your choice. I recommend smoked turkey or salami.
First, we need to make bread for our sandwich:
- In a bowl, mix 200 grams of almond flour with 2 to 3 tablespoons of chia seeds plus 2g salt and 10 grams of salted butter (melted). Add water until the mix is runny, then let rest for minutes while you prep the kitchen.
- Turn the heat on high and coat a pan with olive oil.
- Now add more almond flour to your mix until you reach a desired consistency (between 50 to 100 grams) and mold into a circle. Cook for two minutes on each side.
The bread should be brown or golden brown each side. This might take a few tries to get right, but it's not that hard.
Now for the contents of our sandwich:
- Turn on the heat on the lowest setting and use 15 grams butter to grease the pan.
- While the butter melts, grab a bowl and mix the eggs with your cheese, smoked turkey, and all other desired ingredients. Break them up in small pieces for better distribution. Add salt and mix.
- Pour the contents of the bowl into the pan and turn the heat on high. Cook on both sides. Leave one side runnier than the other.
- Add two slices of tomato and fold the omelette so they become trapped inside the egg.
And that's done. For dressing, I normally use either ranch or a mix of ketchup and mayonnaise, but that's up to you. It's also delicious without dressing.