If you like Italian cuisine, you're in for a pleasant surprise. Rollatini are much like a cheese-filled, tomato sauce addled party. You'll be thanking Dio for eggplants, even if you're not a big fan (who is?). Keep reading to find out more!
The regular recipe for this has bread crumbs and other ingredients that we just weren't having. But, in general, this is quite an easy recipe to adapt to the Keto diet. Eggplant, cheese and tomato are a match made in heaven... And completely Keto.
Let's make some Rollatini!
- 4 eggplants
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- ½ cup parmesan, grated
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 eggs
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Grease a baking dish and set aside.
- Cut eggplants lengthwise and sprinkle with salt. Let stand for a while, then pat them dry.
- Roast the eggplants in the oven until tender.
- Mix the cheeses in a large bowl along with the eggs, garlic, salt and pepper. Leave some mozzarella and parmesan for topping.
- Spread some of the marinara sauce onto the bottom of the baking dish.
- Divide the cheese mixture among eggplant slices; place the filling on one end of the eggplant slice and roll to the center.
- Place the rolled eggplants, seam-side down, in the baking dish. Pour over the rest of the marinara sauce. Top with leftover cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes, until browned and cheese has melted.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes before serving.
If even after trying Rollatini you're still considering eating anything but Rollatini for the rest of your life, we recommend these: Bacon-wrapped Jalapeños, Cauliflower Pizza Crust, and Corndog Bites.