Besides being a really cute nickname for any of your English friends, this food is also one of the most delicious breakfast you can whip up on short notice since it has very basic ingredients and it takes less than five minutes to make. Prepare to level up your breakfast game with this super easy English Muffin recipe!
Though there are a lot of English muffin recipes that can be done with a microwave, we’re going with a classic oven-baked muffin for this recipe. We understand that microwave is more convenient, and you can easily make this exact recipe with a microwave, but the texture you get from actually baking it is much, much better.
Let’s make some muffins!
- 150 grams Almond flour (blanched)
- 150 grams coconut flour
- 3 medium eggs
- 100 grams butter
- 2 tablespoons hemp milk or cashew milk
- ½ tsp baking powder
How to make:
- Melt butter and set aside.
- Crack eggs in a bowl and whisk.
- To that same bowl, add butter, then milk, and mix lightly.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Mix until it is smooth and without pockets.
- Pour into a muffin tin with at least 6 muffin slots.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Can be done on microwave (don’t microwave longer than two minutes)
There you go! As for the filling, well, isn’t that the beauty of things like English muffins? You can use just about any kind of filling you want, no judgement! We recommend the classic cheese and ham, or you could go for some cheese and salami. Or even better: Fried egg, bacon, and cheese. Just imagining it is mouth-watering.