There’s an old saying that goes something like “life without nutella ain’t worth living”. Okay, I made it up - but it really should be a saying, because it is so true. Nutella is a divine pleasure, but all the sugar in it makes it a no-no for the keto diet. But we’re never gonna let sugar stop us from enjoying anything, and you shouldn't either!
Here’s a great recipe for keto-friendly nutella, plus a chip surprise so you don’t eat all the nutella by itself!
- Hazelnuts, 200g
- Almonds, 100g
- Cashews, 100g
- Powdered Stevia
- Cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 100ml Coconut milk
- Coconut oil
How to make:
- Roast almonds and cashews for under 5 minutes in a saucepan.
- Throw all nuts into the blender.
- Pour coconut milk, and blend until you see no chunks.
- Add 1tbsp (or more, depending on your taste) of cocoa powder. Add stevia to taste.
- Blend once again.
- Add coconut oil, ½ tbsp and blend.
- Let the mix sit for at least 10 minutes.
After it’s sat a good while, check on the consistency. You can tweak it to make it thicker or thinner by adding either more milk or more nuts and blending.
Sweet potato chips
- Sweet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- A dash of salt
How to make:
- Slice sweet potatoes into medium-thin slices and brush lightly with oil on both sides.
- Place on a baking tray and cook on high heat.
- After 5-10 minutes, flip.
- Slice sweet potatoes into thin slices.
- Fry, preferably with olive oil.
And they’re ready to eat. They’re incredibly tasty by themselves (you can sprinkle a tiny dash of salt for added flavor) but the nutella goes insanely well with sweet potatoes as a dip.