There are many ways to prepare meatballs. You can fry, bake, steam or braise them, with guaranteed deliciousness every time, no matter how you cook them. This recipe works great as a main dish, and also as an appetizer. With very few steps, you’ll have an amazing dish in no time!
- 1lb ground beef
- ½ lb ground pork
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 2 tbsp mint, dried or fresh
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp olive oil, for cooking
- Salt and pepper to taste
Since this is a keto recipe, we won’t be using bread crumbs, so during the cooking process, the meat will ooze some of its liquid. If you’re not comfortable with this happening, you can add 3 tbsp blanched almond flour to the mix (or ½ cup of pork rinds crumbled if nut free). This will absorb some of the meat’s liquid.
How to make:
- Add the onion and garlic to a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Combine well using your hands, but don’t overdo it.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with olive oil.
- Scoop out the mixture and roll into meatballs. There should be 8 meatballs in total.
- Without crowding the pan, fry the meatballs until browned and cooked.
Now, these meatballs go especially well with some tzatziki sauce, which couldn’t be easier to make. We’ll show you:
- Grate 1 cucumber and squeeze some of the water out; this is to avoid making our sauce too runny. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add 1 cup of full fat Greek yogurt, lemon juice, fresh dill and parsley, minced garlic and salt (to taste). Whisk until combined.
- Stir in the cucumber.