Inspired by the rich, nutty flavors of Asian soups, today we want to share with you a laksa-based recipe. Laksa is a seasoning that, much like curry, comes in paste form as is a combination of many different seasonings in one. This recipe is one of the best uses for laksa paste around. Keep reading to see how to make Laksa!
For fans of noodle soups and similar, we’re sure this soup will knock your socks off. You can drink it as it is or you can add shirataki noodles, or zucchini noodles. For this recipe, we’re using zucchini noodles.
Let’s make some Laksa!
Keto Laksa Soup
- Laksa paste to taste
- 500ml coconut milk
- Diced chicken thighs, 400 grams
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 zucchini
- Peanut or sesame oil
How to make:
- Wash zucchini thoroughly. Cut off top and bottom.
- Using a potato peeler or a spiralizer, make noodles out of the zucchini. You can find more info on this here.
- In a pot, combine about 200ml of water and coconut milk. Turn the heat on medium.
- When hot, add laksa paste and peanut butter; stir and let simmer.
- Stir fry chicken for a few minutes until it’s cooked but still juicy, then add to the soup and keep simmering it.
- Sautée noodles for 2 minutes with either peanut or sesame oil. Set aside.
- Check on the soup. When desired consistency is reached, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve, then add noodles and basil individually on each bowl.
This soup is a great combination of flavors that can be more enjoyable for those who aren’t such fans of ramen or pho. Try it with different kinds of meat; it also goes great with seafood.