Arriba! It is time for us to fully embrace the deliciousness of mexican food - which can easily be Keto if you use your imagination a little bit.
Are you ready to make the best tacos you've ever had in your entire life?
Let's start by making our own Keto-friendly tortillas, as a base for the tacos.
Almond Flour Tortillas
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp xanthan gum
- 1 large egg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp water
How to make:
- Add all of your ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Mix until a ball of dough forms.
- Knead for a couple of minutes, then cover the dough with plastic wrap. Let rest for 10 to 20 minutes; this will help activate the xanthan gum and make your tortillas bendable.
- Once the dough has rested, split and roll into 4 or 5 equal sized balls.
- Before you start rolling out your dough, and to make it easier, cover your work surface area with parchment paper, add one ball, and cover with another sheet. Using paper will prevent the dough from sticking to the surface.
- Flatten the ball with your hand and roll the dough using a rolling pin. Place a small bowl on the dough and trace around the edges with a knife. You’ll have now perfectly shaped tortillas.
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium-high. When the pan is hot, add the tortilla. Cook until you notice a change in the color. Flip, and cook for another 5 seconds. Don’t cook for long, or you will overcook it.
And now we get to the good part: The filling for our Tacos.
Ground Turkey Taco
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ onion minced
- 2 tbsp bell pepper
- 4 oz can tomato sauce
- ¾ water
How to make:
- Cook the ground turkey in a large skillet. Break into smaller pieces as it cooks.
- When dry, and brown, add in all the dry seasonings and mix.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, tomato sauce and water. Let it simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.