Miss oats? Don’t! We have come up with a recipe that resembles the taste of oats while being super low-carb and high in good fats. Since this is not an oat recipe, we have come up with the name noats. Keep reading to learn how to make noats!
The secret of noats is the oil that certain seeds secrete when exposed to water, and also heat. A great example of this are chia seeds; One can make eggs with these seeds thanks to the thick substance you get when you soak them for a while. But of course, we won’t be using just chia seeds! To make for a much more complete --and tastier- meal, we’ll be using different types of seeds. You’re also free to add some of your favorite seeds that are not in the recipe!
Let’s make some noats!
- ½ cup hemp hearts (hulled hemp seeds)
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 2 tablespoons chia seed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Vanilla essence to taste
- Coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sweetener (liquid stevia or similar) to taste
How to make:
- In a small pot, combine all ingredients except for coconut flakes.
- Heat up on low heat and put the lid on the pot. Let simmer for five minutes.
- Take the lid out, and stir.
- Check texture and consistency; Stop cooking once desired thickness is achieved.
- Serve. Garnish with coconut flakes and berries.
That’s it. Super easy, and incredibly tasty. And your body will thank you: Seeds are some of the best foods out there, and hemp seeds and chia seeds can both be considered a superfood in their own right, containing all essential amino acids and great amounts of iron and other minerals and vitamins.