Nothing beats homemade bread, except maybe, laziness. Yes, making your bread takes time, but there is not greater reward than being able to make your own bread. And this is especially true if you’re on a diet, like the ketogenic diet. Finding a keto-friendly bread can be hard, but we got your back! With this recipe, you’ll be able to make the perfect sandwich bread in no time.
Let's make some bread!
Keto Sandwich Bread
- 1 cup vital wheat gluten
- ⅓ cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- ⅓ cup golden flax meal
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper; leave some extra paper hanging on the side for easy removal.
- Heat the cup of water, so that it’s hot to the touch, not boiling.
- Dissolve the maple syrup in the water, then add the instant yeast. Let rest for 10 minutes (it should be bubbly).
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- Beat in the eggs and the softened butter to the yeast mixture. Add it to the dry ingredients and mix everything together until well combined.
- Place the dough into the loaf pan, smooth out the top with a spatula and let rise.
- Once it has risen its double, bake for 25 minutes.
- Let rest before transferring to a cooling rack and let cool completely before cutting.
Note: This recipe has gluten.
Now you can enjoy all your favorite sandwiches with tasty, delicious, satisfying homemade bread. Isn't that just the best?