Sushi is one of the most delicious foods out there, but there are two small problems: Eating sushi out is way too expensive, and making it at home is just too much of a pain. Particularly for those on the Keto diet, it just doesn’t seem worth all the trouble. But fear not! The sushi bowl is here to save the day.
Basically instead of making sushi into rolls, we just get a big bowl and throw in it all the ingredients we usually put in the sushi. It can be argued that this is better, since you can control how much of your favorite ingredients you get. No matter how you look at it, the bowl is much more effective.
So let’s make some sushi!
Keto Sushi Bowl
- 300 grams salmon
- Cream cheese as desired
- 1 sheet roasted nori
- 1 avocado
- 1 Cucumber
- Whole sesame seeds
- Green onion
- Soy sauce
- Crab sticks, 2
How to make:
- Steam the salmon until it reaches the desired cooking point.
- Remove skin and discard; Add to the bowl.
- Slice avocado vertically. Add to the bowl.
- In a saucepan, add one tablespoon of whole sesame seeds and roast in high heat for three minutes while stirring continuously. Set aside.
- Add cream cheese on top of avocado.
- Slice cucumber into very fine slices and add to the bowl.
- Chop one crab stick, add to the bowl. Add the other whole.
- Add ½ tablespoon soy sauce on top of crab and salmon.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top of all the contents of the bowl.
- Cut up nori sheet into four rectangles and tuck in at one side of the bowl.
- Chop green onion into very fine pieces and sprinkle generously.
See how easy that was? And it tastes even better than sushi rolls!
Once you get the hang of this recipe, you can start experimenting with all kinds of different ingredients, adding them to the sushi bowl as you come up with new idea. In no time, you’ll have your own unique sushi bowl.