A tiramisú is a coffee lovers’ favorite dessert. It marries all the good side of creamy dessert with the deliciousness of coffee. Also, there’s cocoa and some liquor. Basically the best dessert ever. So let’s learn how to make it!
Making keto friendly tiramisú is super easy, and you’ll find that the almond flour goes very well with the taste of this dessert.
Let’s make tiramisu!
- 1 ½ cup blanched almond flour
- ½ cup granulated sweetener
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup heavy cream or milk
- 4 eggs
- Vanilla extract, optional
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp powdered sweetener
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- 1 cup espresso, strong
- 3-6 tbsp liquor of your preference
How to make:
- In a small bowl, mix together espresso and the liquor of your preference. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a square or round pan with parchment paper; leave some paper at the sides so you can easily remove the cake.
- In a stand-up mixer beat butter with sweetener until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs- one at a time, heavy cream and vanilla extract if using.
- Add almond flour, salt and baking powder; keep mixing until well combined.
- Transfer the batter to the pan. Use a spatula to smooth the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden and firm.
- Cut the cake into lady fingers or cut the cake in half. Set aside.
- To make the filling, whisk the eggs and powdered sweetener until light and fluffy on top of a double boiler. Remove from the heat and add mascarpone; mix well.
- Whip heavy cream on high speed until peaks form. Fold into the mascarpone and eggs mixture.
- Place half the cake in a clean pan. Coat with the espresso mixture.
- Spread half of the filling on top of the bottom layer, cover with the other cake half and top with the remaining filling.
- Using a sifter, dust the top of the tiramisu with cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
It’s really tasty when it’s cold, and there are even a few versions of “frozen” tiramisu, which usually involve chocolate ice cream. Yum!