Zucchini is one of our greatest allies in the kitchen; It’s such a versatile vegetable and it goes in so many recipes… But you’ve probably never had zucchini like this before. This recipe combines all the goodness of Greek Tzatziki sauce with delicious zucchini fritters. Keep reading!
First of all, you’ll need a blender or a food processor for this recipe. Preferable, a powerful one. We’re going to be blending a lot of ingredients here so it’s quite vital for the recipe.
Let’s make some zucchini fritters!
Keto zucchini fritters with Tzatziki sauce
- 1 KG zucchini ~ or about 5 zucchinis
- ½ cup fine almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 200 grams feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped mint
- Olive oil (important)
- 150 grams plain yogurt
- Half a cucumber, peeled
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dill
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 250F
- Peel cucumbers, cut stems off and quickly blend to form a chunky purée.
- Add salt and let sit for five minutes.
- Toss around in a colander to get rid of excess water.
- Blend again, this time forming a much finer purée and repeat other steps to get rid of as much water as possible.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, eggs, mint, salt and pepper.
- Drain zucchini further with the help of paper towels, and add to the mix little by little.
- Add feta cheese, keep mixing.
- Fry, adding one tablespoon at a time to the oil.
- For the Tzatziki, grate the cucumber and mix all ingredients together. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
And there you go! A deeply refreshing and super tasty dish that can serve either as a side dish or a movie snack.