Let's be honest; if you're my age (which we won't be talking about today) and you had a childhood where you enjoyed frozen nuggets to excess without caring about your health, this recipe will bring you back beautiful memories.
It's hard to think of Ketogenic snacks, especially when you have young kids. But today is the day to go back to your childhood.
With this recipe of Ketogenic Chicken Nuggets, you will spend pleasant time-sharing with the whole family while watching a movie. You can make lots of nuggets like the ones sold at Church's Chicken.
You can also add some fried cheese to them if you want to venture into a little bit of fat, but as the saying goes, "What doesn't kill, makes you fat" so be careful because this recipe with "fried cheese" doesn't kill, but it will make you...
Without further ado, let's start preparing our Ketogenic Chicken Nuggets.
Keto flour breaded coconut
1/4 cup coconut flour (as fine as possible)
3 tablespoons of finely grated Parmesan cheese and/or 1 tablespoon of nutritive yeast for a B-vitamin boom and extra cheese flavor
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup olive oil OR coconut milk OR 01 egg (to fix the flour in the chicken).
1/2 kilogram of chicken (cut into nuggets or cubes)
Seasonings: 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 black pepper, 1/2 garlic powder, 1/2 onion powder, oregano, whichever you prefer.
How to prepare the Ketogenic Chicken Nuggets
- Prepare two bowls, put the coconut flour, the parmesan, the salt, and the spices in one bowl. In the other one, put the olive oil, the egg or the coconut milk (whichever you prefer)
- Dip the chicken piece in the olive oil and then wrap it in the flour.
- Roll it in one more layer of olive oil and one more layer of flour to make it more crispy. At the end, run the olive oil through again to prevent it from drying out too much.
- Grease a dark non-stick container (preferably black) with plenty of olive oil. Be generous with the olive oil.
- Place the chicken pieces side by side and bake them in a preheated oven at 220 degrees.
- Leave in the oven for 10 minutes, turn the chicken pieces over and leave it to cook for another 10 minutes.
- After cooking, leave in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes more until it is colored. And that's it, enjoy your Ketogenic Chicken Nuggets!
Note: You can also fry the nuggets if you wish, although it is not necessary, simply place two tablespoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of coconut oil in the pan and fry for an average of 5 minutes per side until all the pieces are golden brown.
This mixture flour can be used to prepare any other type of chicken parts as well. Baked or fried, they are delicious and break the daily routine.
I hope you liked this recipe, if so do not forget to visit all our recipes and prepare them to your preference.