Chicken and weight loss go together like dirt and fingernails. Most of it has to do with the low calorie content of chicken, high content of good fats and overall one of the most healthy meats out there. In this recipe, we’re gonna focus on this quality of chicken, pairing it with another low-carb food to create a savory dish that’ll leave your belly full and keep your calorie intake well within the reasonable limits for weight loss.
Though you can choose any part of the chicken you like, this recipe works best with chicken breasts. This is the cleanest cut of chicken possible, devoid of bone and any significant amount of fat. Likewise, we’re going with broccoli as a side, which is also a low-carb food that is surprisingly high in vitamins and minerals. You can also use cauliflower which is quite alike broccoli and has a very similar calorie content.
Let’s cook some chicken!
Chicken breast w/ steamed broccoli
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 400 grams broccoli
- Fresh oregano and thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Sesame seeds
- Olive oil
- Sesame oil
- Liquid smoke
How to make:
- Pour ¼ cup olive oil onto a pan. Turn on stove to medium high.
- After one minute, add chopped garlic. Wait until it starts acquiring a golden color, then add sesame seeds.
- Cook for about 30 seconds to a minute, then take off the stove and set aside to cool.
- Steam broccoli for 10 minutes and set aside.
- In a large pan, place chicken breasts at half an inch of each other. Turn on heat on low.
- Pour olive oil with garlic and sesame seeds. Cook until chicken in golden brown, then flip.
- Cook on the other side until chicken in golden brown. Pour a few drops of liquid smoke on top of each piece of chicken.
- Add thyme and oregano, 1 part thyme to 2 parts oregano.
- Mix thoroughly, cover, and let rest. You can leave the stove on lowest setting or turn off at this point.
- Serve broccoli; Sprinkle sesame seeds on top, salt, and a few drops of sesame seed oil.
- After 10 minutes, serve chicken.
A standalone dish, though it never hurts to cook a little something on the side. I myself can’t go a meal without having something else that I can bite on. Maybe try some keto bagels or, if you’re searching for something a little more out of the ordinary, go with our cornbread recipe. Although eating cornbread with this low-calorie meal would defeat the point, I just can’t help myself sometimes.
Make sure you make something to eat for dessert!